Personal Effectiveness as a leader and manager
- Differentiate between leading and managing
- Gain commitment rather than compliance
Your Leadership Brand
- What legacy do you want to leave?
- Where do you stand?
- What are your values?
- Recognize relationship of staff’s feelings to productivity
- Practice impulse control when under pressure
- Manage with your head and your heart
Climate of Recognition
- Identify ways to acknowledge staff’s achievements
- Give positive reinforcement on a consistent basis
Leading through times of change
- Overcome resistance to change
- Use communication “best practices” when introducing change
DISC Assessment for Enhanced Communication
- Adapt communication style to achieve positive results
- Use influencing skills to communicate with your manager and peers
- Set expectations
- Monitor performance
- Give positive and constructive feedback
- Deliver the performance appraisal
- Coach employees for performance improvement
- Follow the organization’s disciplinary process
- Document critical incidents
- Write proper warning letters
- Create individualized plans for staff
- Create an action plan for application of skills
- Commit to ongoing professional development
Get Started Now
Contact Marilyn Davidoff, the principal of MGD Enterprises, to discuss your training, coaching, or organizational development needs. Email us or call 732.952.5135. We'll get back to you within 24 hours.